Sports

Family dog ​​Giro winner Egan Bernal poisoned: ‘He died in brother’s arms’ | Cycling

Bernal wrote off the anger on Instagram. He also mentioned that Yako had only been adopted by his brother a year ago.

“Yako quickly became an important part of our family,” said the Colombian from INEOS. “A rebellious child, who destroyed everything and never sat still. But he was our Yako. Sometimes irritating, but he was there with Mama. He always made himself felt and tried to protect our family. Yako died yesterday as a result of poisoning. He died in my brother’s arms with another dog. The impotence was great, because there was nothing more we could do, it was too late. I don’t understand how anyone could do this. Make an animal suffer like that. It’s not fair! No one has the right to end the life of an innocent being in this way.”

Bernal, 24-year-old, won the Tour de France two years ago, but then suffered from back problems. It led to a retirement in the Tour of 2020, but the Colombian came back this season with the overall victory in the Tour of Italy. This year he also finished sixth in the Vuelta, third in the Strade Bianche and fourth in Tirreno-Adriatico.

Telesport newsletter

Daily the most important sports news, results, analyzes and interviews.

Invalid email address. Please fill in again.

Read our privacy policy here.

Family dog ​​Giro winner Egan Bernal poisoned: ‘He died in brother’s arms’ | Cycling
Source link Family dog ​​Giro winner Egan Bernal poisoned: ‘He died in brother’s arms’ | Cycling

Back to top button