News | Jul 2, 2023 | 13:39
Dutch Embassy in Pretoria has vacancies for Senior Communications Officer From April 1stst2023We are looking for professionals who have a proven track record of (strategic) communication, are open-minded, driven by values such as diversity, equality and inclusion, and who are true team players. You will be required to develop and implement communications for external audiences such as governments, businesses, partners, stakeholders, media and the Dutch community in South Africa.
The Pretoria Embassy works as one team with the Cape Town Consulate General. Our common mission in South Africa is to strengthen the already strong bilateral political and economic ties between South Africa and the Netherlands.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies and activities for external audiences and stakeholders
- Create, edit and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content and other materials that communicate our policies, activities and services.
- Manage and edit the Mission website and social media accounts, and coordinate information from other departments and colleagues
- Ensure consistency in terms of voice, branding, messaging, and frequency of posting through digital channels.
- Opportunity for signal communication. Develop and implement well-crafted and effective campaigns.
- As an internal resource representative, you actively share knowledge and help your colleagues develop their capabilities.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Use project planning techniques to deliver projects and proactively manage project budgets.
skills and abilities
- Experience in developing and executing complex communication campaigns.
- Experience creating various communication materials.
- Speak and write clearly and effectively. Convert your policies into a format that a wider audience can read. Adjust language, tone and style.
- Show that you are open to sharing information and opinions and keeping others informed.
- strong analytical skills. Ability to track analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communication campaigns.
- Familiarity with common social media platform best practices.
- Strong communication skills who like teamwork, networking events, and thinking on the spot
- A competent organizer who is used to meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain media databases.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, content management systems, social media platforms, video/photo editing, design and publishing software.
- Strong interest in international relations, political and/or economic issues, diplomacy, awareness of what is happening in the world.
Teamwork and D&I
- We work collaboratively and value team cohesion. Ask for input by genuinely valuing the ideas and expertise of others. Willing to learn from others. Act on the group’s final decision, even if it doesn’t fully reflect your position. Share credit for team achievements and accept joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- I enjoy working in diverse and multicultural teams and environments, and recognize and appreciate cross-cultural sensitivities. He has a vision and ambitions for promoting diversity and inclusion in work and teamwork.
education, experience, knowledge, skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of the South African political and media landscape and an interest in international affairs.
- An extensive network of contacts in the South African communications and media environment.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written) is required. Knowledge of other South African languages and/or Dutch is an advantage.
The Embassy has a proactive diversity policy and strives to be an inclusive and safe work environment where everyone can be and be valued for who they are. When structuring teams, we seek diversity in terms of age, gender, race, orientation, identity, culture, background, and ability. Our office is barrier-free.
1 year fixed term contract – extension option available.
2 months trial period.
Estimated Salary (Scale 9): ZAR 55.000 – 60.000 gross, depending on experience and qualifications
37.5 hours per week.
Submit your application via WeTransfer. email@example.com “Application Correspondent – Last Name”
must be included in the application
- Motivational letter (max 400 words)
- A short introductory video of yourself (maximum 1 minute)
- Examples of positive design work
Application deadline: February 24, 2023. His interview is scheduled between March 1st and March 15th.
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2023/02/07/vacancy-for-senior-communications-officer-pretoria Senior Communications Officer Vacancy in Pretoria | News Article