Are you hitting the road? Here you will find an overview of the activities. Check the rail timetable here.
What can you expect today?
- Unesco’s World Heritage Committee will probably decide on three Dutch nominations for the World Heritage List: the Colonies of Benevolence in Drenthe, the Roman Limes and the Dutch Water Lines. Because fifty nominations will be assessed, it is not entirely certain that the Dutch entries will be discussed today.
- It is the last day of the national Garden Butterfly Count, which started three weeks ago. Last year 117,000 butterflies were counted, only half the number ten years earlier.
- The Dutch cyclists have started the road race at the Olympic Games. The women started a ride of 137 kilometers at 06:00 Dutch time. Anna van der Breggen, Annemiek van Vleuten, Marianne Vos and Demi Vollering are trying to win the fifth Dutch gold medal ever in this event.
- The rowing competitions for the Dutch participants scheduled for Monday have been brought forward to today due to bad weather forecasts.
- The hockey men will play their second group match against South Africa at 2:45 PM. They had lost the first game 3-1 against Belgium.
How did the Dutch Olympians perform last night? Read here an overview and a preview of today.
What did you miss?
In Hoorn, about forty homes were evacuated after an explosion and a fire in an apartment complex. According to the fire service, it is being investigated whether the construction of the flat is intact and the residents cannot return home until then.
The explosion was in a building on the Astronautenweg in the west of Hoorn. Neighbors speak of a loud bang. A local resident also says that someone ran away after the explosion. The fire that broke out was soon almost out, according to the fire service.
Other news from the night:
And then this:
Thousands of people took part in the Pride march in Budapest yesterday. Some participants protested with banners and placards against the controversial Hungarian anti-LGBTI law in Hungary.
“We fight for our freedom and our dignity”:
Wake-up call 25/7: Unesco decides on Dutch heritage • Cyclists go for gold
Source link Wake-up call 25/7: Unesco decides on Dutch heritage • Cyclists go for gold