Are you hitting the road? Here you will find an overview of the activities. View the rail timetable here.
What can you expect today?
- Tonight a torchlight procession will be held in the city of Groningen to ask for respect for Groningen residents. Last Monday there was a rush of victims of gas extraction who wanted to apply for a subsidy.
- Presenter André van Duin receives a tulip named after him in Amsterdam. The ‘Andre 75’ as the flower is officially called, is in honor of its 75th birthday.
- The new corona rules come into effect: non-essential shops can open again and you can receive more guests at home. Read the overview of the new rules here.
What did you miss?
The ex-director of culture platform Moam is being prosecuted for sexually transgressive behaviour. 28 men accuse 33-year-old Martijn N. of unwanted sexual behavior, which sometimes would have been violent in nature. Among them are eleven people who were minors when the abuse allegedly took place, report NRC Handelsblad and Het Parool.
Other news from the night
- ‘Pharma bro’ Shkreli loses millions and gets a pharmaceutical ban: The entrepreneur suddenly made a crucial drug for AIDS patients and pregnant women with a certain parasite 55 times more expensive. He also made it impossible for competitors to market an alternative version of the drug. An American judge ordered that he must pay more than 50 million euros to the state.
- Fires in greenhouses Heerhugowaard, Monster: Several flower greenhouses in Heerhugowaard in North Holland and Monster in South Holland have been lost. Both fires are now under control. No people were injured.
- Djokovic detained again pending trial on deportation: The Serbian tennis player volunteered at a detention center. Where he will be housed has not been disclosed, in order to avoid a media frenzy. Tomorrow, a day before he was due to appear at the Australian Open, the judge will decide whether Djokovic can be deported.
- Militia leader dismisses Capitol storming rebellion charges: Stewart Rhodes of the Oath Keepers militia appeared in court for the first time Friday after he and ten other militiamen faced the toughest charges yet for the storming: attempting to start a rebellion .
And then this:
Actor and presenter Diederik Ebbinge transforms De Kleine Komedie theater in Amsterdam into a hair salon. Customers can make an appointment at the hairdresser, while artists perform on stage:
Wake-up service 15/1: Torchlight procession in Groningen • New corona rules come into effect
Source link Wake-up service 15/1: Torchlight procession in Groningen • New corona rules come into effect