News | 12-01-2023 | 12:13
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Budapest invites Hungarian organizations to apply for funding from the Dutch Human Rights Fund 2023.
About Human Rights Fund 2023
The Human Rights Fund (HRF) is a tool of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs that supports the work of civil society around the world with the aim of achieving concrete results in improving human rights.
HRF aims to support activities in line with the five priorities of Dutch human rights policy.
- support for human rights defenders;
- Freedom of expression, internet freedom, independent journalism.
- Equal rights for LGBTIQ+.
- Equal rights for women and girls.
- freedom of religion and belief.
In order for a project proposal to be considered, it must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant organizations must be based in Hungary.
- A maximum of one proposal per applicant organization will be considered.
- If your organization has received financial support from the embassy in the past, the project must be completed satisfactorily by the start date of the new project.
- The focus of the project should be in at least one of the above mentioned priority areas of Dutch human rights policy.
- The project should start in 2023. Proposed projects must be completed within three years from the start date.
- Requested contributions must fall within the range of €5,000 to €25,000 per project.
- Proposals should be submitted via the standard application form attached to this call for proposals.
- Your proposal should contain clear, actionable goals and concrete, lasting results.
- The project proposal should be concise and focused on the desired activity and expected results.
- Forms totaling more than 4 pages (including attachments) will not be considered.
- Attachments such as letters of recommendation or other background material supporting your application will not be considered and should not be sent.
- Project submission deadline is February 10, 2023.
- Project proposals should be submitted to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Budapest by email to email@example.com. Only suggestions sent to this email address will be considered.
- The subject of the email should be “Application Human Rights Fund 2023”.
Evaluation and approval procedures
Due to the limited amount of funds available, meeting all formal criteria does not automatically imply selection of a proposal. Received project proposals are subject to a competitive selection procedure. In evaluating the proposal, the Embassy will: above all Consider the following factors:
- Relevance of the project to the Dutch human rights goals and the Hungarian situation.
- the expected impact of the project;
- Balance between the scope of project activities and the proposed budget.
- past record;
- We welcome joint applications with other Hungarian organizations.
The Embassy will notify applicants of the results of the selection process by March 17, 2023. Personal (or telephone) meetings may be part of the selection process. After a final decision, organizations whose proposals are approved will receive a grant decision. At that time, you will also be notified of any reporting requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the embassy. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form can be downloaded via this link.
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2023/01/11/dutch-human-rights-fund-2023—call-for-applications—hungary Call for Applications: Dutch Human Rights Fund 2023 | News Article