Dutch man injured in boules ball explosion dies of injuries
A 37-year-old man from Eindhoven, who was seriously injured A boolean exploded in a firebreak last Saturday and died Thursday from injuries, his family said in a statement issued to Eindhoven Dagblad.
“We are shocked by the sudden death. It will be greatly missed,” the family told the newspaper.
The accident happened last Saturday night in Stavelot, a small town in the Ardennes region of southern Belgium. Local media reported that a group of Dutch friends were staying at the chalet to celebrate a bachelorette party. The group decides to put the ball into the fire. The ball heated up and “exploded like a grenade,” police told Newswire ANP.
Debris flew towards tourists from the explosion. A piece of the ball hit the back of the man’s skull. The man was taken to a local hospital with head injuries but died on Thursday.
https://nltimes.nl/2023/05/20/dutch-man-hurt-exploding-boules-ball-dies-injuries Dutch man injured in boules ball explosion dies of injuries