Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

Dutch minister seeks inspiration from Britain on vocational training and student well-being to strengthen education and science systems.news article

News | Oct 26, 2022 | 17:35

An international knowledge exchange on policies and best practices will help the Netherlands raise its educational standards and make the sector more responsive to today’s labor market. Conversely, inspired by the Dutch continuing education model, T-level courses were introduced in the UK last year, increasing the number of graduates qualified for the job market or continuing education.

image: ©OCW Minister / Twitter @RHDijkgraaf

On November 2nd and 3rd, the Dutch Minister of Education, Culture and Science, Mr. Robert Dyckgraf, to London to exchange best practices with our UK partners. The Netherlands and the UK have world-class education and science systems. UK higher education institutions rank among the most prestigious and prestigious in the world. The Dutch educational ecosystem is thriving with prestigious institutions and both are developing to prepare students for social life. further away and higher education.

Next Level Qualification: T Level

Minister Dyck Graf visits the new South Bank University campus in Clapham. It offers technical courses that open doors to future career opportunities in the fields of medicine, IT, design, engineering and robotics. The T-level courses offered by South Bank College are inspired by the Dutch model of further (vocational) education (“MBO” in Dutch). T-level students spend 80% of the course in a learning environment and the remaining 20% ​​in meaningful industry placements, actively preparing them for the labor market. Also, South Bank College London He works closely with South Bank College to provide students with the opportunity to continue their studies even if they decide not to enter the labor market immediately after graduation. . The Netherlands is very keen to learn more about these best practices that combine different parts of the education field.

image: ©https://www.southbankcolleges.ac.uk/ / https://www.southbankcolleges.ac.uk/

student happiness

To prepare students to reach their full potential and participate in society requires academic, professional and personal performance. Student well-being is therefore another important theme of the minister’s visit. Many Dutch students today are grappling with mental health and post-Covid-19 related challenges such as loneliness and stress. The UK’s imperative approach, which focuses on prevention as well as assistance, is the inspiration for the policies that the Netherlands intends to implement. Minister visits Queen Mary University. Ranked #1 in a report on universities with excellent social mobility (Times). A member of the Russell Group, Queen He at Mary University, the minister wants to learn from a specialized hub for holistic well-being guidelines, toolkits and support.

Bringing science and society closer together

The Covid-19 pandemic has sparked a global debate about (distrust) trust in science, with a greater focus on how to bring science and society closer together. Minister Dyckgraf plans to set up a new center for science communication. The UK approach of setting up a National Coordinating Center for Public Participation in Bristol is therefore of great interest to the Netherlands. His panel on science communication will be held at the Royal Institution on Wednesday evening and will be attended by ministers and relevant UK stakeholders in many of his public engagements.

image: ©https://www.southbankcolleges.ac.uk/ / https://www.southbankcolleges.ac.uk/

For more information

During his visit, Minister Dyckgraf will visit the Ministry of Education, the UK European Union delegation and University College London, where he will meet with Dutch and British scientists and students.

For more information regarding the minister’s visit, please contact:

https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2022/10/26/dutch-minister-seeks-inspiration-from-uk-on-vocational-training-and-student-well-being-to-boost-education-and-science-system Dutch minister seeks inspiration from Britain on vocational training and student well-being to strengthen education and science systems.news article

Back to top button