Why is Web Design Important? It’s More than Looks
Website design is more than just aesthetics. It is the way a website works to convey its message. The importance of web design comes from its ability to provide information in an easy-to-digest manner for visitors. The better the design, the more accessible and memorable it is for people who use it. Therefore, when creating a layout, web designers need to consider how users will interact with a website, what content it will have, and what is the target audience. Equally important, a website should cater to visitors by providing a clean, discreet, unobtrusive layout that is easy on the eyes and effective in work. It is even crucial that sites are conservative and avoid being too flashy for some niches as they could come across as disingenuous.
Why You Should Consider Using a Clean Website Theme
The web design market with thousands of themes available has grown exponentially over the past few years. But it’s not just about the number of themes. It’s also about the quality of them. Clean web templates have excellent performance, need minimal maintenance and more customization and optimization. Besides, no previous coding knowledge is required to become acquainted with CMS-based themes like WordPress’s ones.
On the whole, there are several reasons why you should use a pure WordPress theme:
- A clean design doesn’t use flashy colors or graphics that distract from your content.
- It has a responsive design to ensure your website looks good on all devices.
- It can affect how well it ranks in Google’s search results and how much traffic a website gets.
- It provides optimized speed to help improve page loading.
How a Clean Template Can Improve Visitor Retention & Engagement
A clean and organized theme is one of the most important factors in improving your site’s performance. To accomplish this, you need to have a well-designed layout that includes a clear navigation menu, a consistent color scheme, and effective use of space.
A good example of how a theme improves visitor retention and engagement is using white space around the content. This creates more space for visitors to focus on what you want them to see without distractions from other elements on the page. By focusing on your content rather than other features on your website, you’ll be able to create a better UX and increase visitor retention rates.
Another good example is using color to guide your users through the website. Theme designs that use color are eye-catching and give your visitors some direction on where they should be looking. Colors are also easy to remember, which means users will have less chance of getting lost.
Thus, a website’s design is just as important as content, and a theme can play a significant role in boosting engagement, usability, navigability, and accessibility.
5 Traits Found on a Great Brand Page
Beyond design, there are five traits to make up a great web page. These aspects are as follows:
- Authenticity: A brand is more likely to be successful if it has a personal touch, so it’s essential to have a genuine tone of voice that is unique to the company.
- Transparent: Transparency can be achieved through transparency in pricing and other policies, as well as through truthful information about the company, its products, and its services.
- Valuable: A great brand page should provide useful information for consumers looking for specific items or services from the company. This means that the content should be relevant and helpful for people looking for information about what a particular company does, what it offers, and how much it costs.
- Engaging: Effective marketing for your website includes ensuring your pages are perfectly tailored to the needs of your target audience. This means that you should also include calls-to-action, which helps drive conversions and bring in new customers/clients.
- Optimization: Keywords should be highly targeted, specific to the company’s audience, and relevant to their product or service. They should also include a title and meta description optimized for SEO.
How to Pick the Best Pure Theme for Your WordPress Site
The first step is to identify your site’s purpose or what you want it to be known for. Once you have determined this, you can start looking at main features that help with the design process:
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Blog section
- Admin panel
- Search engine friendliness
A newcomer can have difficulty in the initial stages of finding the optimal template for their project due to the lack of an extensive search filter on an official web platform website. And third-party providers such as TemplateMonster provide many options and are very helpful in this situation. You can filter items by style, color, rating, number of downloads, and more on such digital marketplaces. What’s more, the providers usually offer memberships where you can buy a bunch of web assets for pennies. And even if you have difficulty setting up a website or customizing a template, their service center has many experts available to help you.