News | Mar 11, 2022 | 08:05
The Consulate General of the Netherlands in Cape Town is looking for a direct vacancy for a Policy Advisor with extensive economic experience and an affinity for cultural issues. We are looking for proven professionals who are open-minded and true team players driven by values such as diversity, equality and inclusion. Hours worked per week: 37.5 (full time)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Policy advisors provide advice on implementation of economic focus areas based on independent analysis of Dutch priorities/supply and South African demand.
- Provides written information on areas of economic focus.
- Build and maintain a network of relevant partners in both South Africa and the Netherlands (public, private and civil society)
- We contribute to the awareness and positive image of the Netherlands through external communications, public diplomacy, social media, embassy websites and NL branding.
- Coordinating with members of the economic team to identify commercial opportunities and, where possible, matching Dutch and South African actors to enhance Dutch trade and investment in South Africa and strengthen ties between the two countries.
- Under the banner of #CoCreateSANL, we support the cultural agenda of uniting Dutch and South African political parties.
- Initiate, support and accompany missions from Holland to South Africa and contribute to missions from South Africa to Holland.
Education Level: Academic.
Work experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, proactive and analytical policy advisors. A networker who takes initiative, is customer and results oriented, can easily work with others, and is highly skilled in verbal and written communication. The interview process tests your analytical and written communication skills. He has practical experience and extensive knowledge in trade and economics, and has an affinity with the cultural sector. You have the ability to persuade others and make independent decisions within your own area of responsibility. You are familiar with the use of social media in a professional context. We are looking for someone with a relevant and active professional network in the Western Cape public and private sector. In exceptional cases, you may be asked to work outside normal working hours. You demonstrate integrity in your workplace and handle confidential information.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the South African economy and its trends, policies, stakeholders and opinion makers.
- Ability to integrate economic views and perspectives into other areas, such as climate change and responsible business conduct.
- Ability to provide policy advice on a wide range of economic development, socioeconomic transformation, identity and culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, act as an internal resource contact, share knowledge, and train colleagues as needed.
- The ability to solicit opinions by genuinely appreciating the ideas and expertise of others.
- Knowledge of Dutch foreign (economic) policy.
- Fluent English, both oral and written. proficient knowledge of the Dutch language;
- Skills in using social media in a professional context.
The Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cape Town has 11 staff responsible for various policy departments in the Western, Northern and Eastern Cape provinces. The policy department covers economics, culture, consular and domestic affairs. Work is dynamic and hands-on, with many external events and activities. At the same time, as the Dutch representative on the Cape, Dutch interests and priorities are the main drivers of our engagement. Flexibility and cooperation with other team members are prerequisites for a successful candidate. We regularly recruit short-term interns to support our team.
1 year fixed term contract.
2 months trial period.
Estimated Salary ZAR 53.000 – 58.000 Total depending on experience and qualifications
Please send your application to email@example.com
Application deadline: November 18, 2022
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2022/11/3/vacancy-for-policy-advisor-economics-and-culture-at-our-consulate-in-cape-town Economic and Cultural Policy Advisor vacancies at our Consulate in Cape Town | News Article