If you run a business that has a parking spot, using custom-printed parking lot signs is a commercial priority. Or else, the traffic flow inside the parking lot quickly becomes chaotic. The risk of accidents also increases when your parking lot doesn’t feature informative signs for drivers.
Your customers are also likelier to receive parking tickets if you don’t provide them with safe parking spaces. According to a recent study, each state earns millions in revenue just by issuing parking tickets. If you don’t want your customers to experience such hassles, you must create safe parking spaces for their vehicles.
That means using custom-printed no parking signs to deter other drivers from parking on your property. There are many sellers of custom no parking signs. These sellers typically ask the buyers to upload their artwork or messages to their websites. The sellers’ in-house design teams then custom-print the customer’s artwork on these signs.
Technically, business owners can print all types of information on their custom parking signs. However, before they get to the ordering process, there are certain factors they must consider.
Assess the Readability of the Sign
The most important feature of a no parking sign is that it should be easily readable, even from long distances. Or else, these signs are useless. To make your no parking sign easy to understand, take the following steps.
- Choose a large font size to design the text information you want to be printed on the sign.
- Use contrasting colors to make each design element on your custom no parking sign “pop out.” For instance, if you give your no parking sign a bright red colored background, print the text in white.
- The size of the no parking sign should be in proportion with the sizes of all the design elements. The no parking sign should itself be big enough to be viewable from far distances.
To get these details right, check out the traffic signs installed in your locality. Government organizations put a lot of thought into making traffic signs bright, crispy, and easy to read. Take leaves out of their books while customizing your no parking signs.
Post Clear Messages
The best sellers of custom parking signs offer total customization control to their customers. Customers can print whatever artwork they want on their no parking signs. But, that doesn’t mean they should print irrelevant messages on these signs.
- Only print relevant messages (about parking) on the signs. It’s okay to add business logos, brand details, etc., on these signs. But the most prominent aspect of the sign should be these two words – “No Parking!”
- Make sure all messages on your parking signs are grammatically correct
- Only use universally recognized graphics on your no parking signs. For example, the crossed-out ‘P’ symbol is used to indicate “No Parking” all across the globe.
Make sure all the information printed in the limited space of your no parking sign is easy to read.Follow these guidelines while ordering your custom signs. Install them to boost the safety of your property!