News | 15-02-2023 | 17:01
Are you an excellent driver who enjoys driving ambassadors, mission deputies and other guests? Do you have the skills? From someone passionate about managing all aspects of transportation, including route planning and keeping vehicles safe and clean, and making sure the Embassy and Residences are in good standing. We look forward to hearing from you.
Location: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Ottawa
Period: From contract to full-time employment, starting with a fixed-term employment contract for the first year of employment on April 1, 2023
Working hours per week: 37,5 (full time)
- Provide safe and reliable transportation for ambassadors, deputies and other guests. Plan routes and alternate routes and handle immigration and customs formalities for delegation arrivals and departures.
- We work with the Protocol Drivers of the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and generally liaise with the Protocol Officers at the Ottawa and Montreal airports.
- We take care of vehicle maintenance, including administering legally required tests and applying for duty-free insurance.
- Perform minor home repairs at the Ambassador’s Residence and Embassy. Help rearrange the furniture in your residence to accommodate your event or reception.
- Coordinate more complex home repairs with colleagues in the Embassy’s General Affairs Department.
- Coordinate work schedules with executive assistants.
- Perform simple administrative tasks.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Run errands.
what are we looking for?
- High school diploma, G1 driver’s license holder. Minimum of 5 years of full-time driving experience, preferably in a diplomatic setting.
- Knowledge of Ottawa city map including landmarks, embassies and government buildings. Some knowledge of Montreal city maps would be an asset.
- Knowledge of vehicle safety and registration requirements.
- Good planning and organization.
- good communication skills. Professional fluency in English is required. Professional French fluency will be an asset.
- representative appearance.
- Basic auto mechanic skills are an asset.
- Handyman basic skill.
- Computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent, critical judgment.
- Possession of a valid Canadian work permit. The Embassy does not assist with applications for legal status in Canada.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Canada is part of the Dutch economic and diplomatic network and fosters strong bilateral relations between Canada and the Netherlands. His 15 employees work together as one team at the Embassy in downtown Ottawa.
The Embassy values the diversity and inclusion of its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
- The salary range for this position starts at $3,483 per month. Our benefits package includes a generous annual leave policy and supplemental health insurance.
- Occasional hours worked outside normal working hours are subject to overtime pay.
- Background checks are part of the application process.
Please apply by sending your motivation letter and resume by March 1, 2023.
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2023/02/15/vacancy-in-ottawa—senior-driver Ottawa Vacancies: Senior Driver/Facilities Officer | News Article