News | March 5, 2023 | 17:01
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Pretoria has a vacancy for Administrative Assistants to support immigration officers. This role is part-time and will start on July 1, 2023.
The Immigration Liaison Officer (ILO) Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the Liaison Officer in his duties. The Immigration Liaison Officer represents the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) at the Dutch Embassy in Pretoria, South Africa.
Administrative assistants are responsible for the quality and punctuality of the products provided by the ILO. This includes reporting on immigration trends, advising local and international colleagues on trends on irregular immigration, including national (immigration) authorities, and training on irregular immigration and travel regulations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain control of the ILO in personnel, finance, operational cooperation and logistics.
- Keep up to date with cross-departmental controls and procedural implementation of personnel matters and financial controls.
- Registering and processing incoming messages and emails;
- Responsible for drafting, processing and coordinating various ILO products including special messages, alerts and PowerPoint presentations.
- Contributions to ILO reports and network bulletins.
- Responsible for message/report archiving and (progress) file maintenance.
- Maintain contact with local and international (immigration) authorities, conveyors, handlers and security companies in the area.
- Arranging meetings, accommodation, tickets, transport to the ILO and contact with the ILO (e.g. visitors and/or delegations to and from the Netherlands);
- Keep training materials up to date.
- Processing operations in accordance with the requirements of the ILO Back Office format.
- Maintain an efficient working relationship with the ILO Back Office in the Netherlands, contacting the Back Office as necessary regarding immediate assignments and completed tasks.
- Maintaining efficient cooperation with the Consular Section of the Embassy of Japan in Pretoria and the Consulate General of Japan in Cape Town.
- Accurately and promptly process requests received from the ILO, the ILO Back Office and the ILO Network.
- Middle Occupational Level (MBO);
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Oral and written fluency in English, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- An understanding of aviation and immigration work areas and terminology is an advantage.
- stress tolerance
- willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The Immigration Liaison Officer is looking for a dedicated team player with a professional and independent work attitude. A successful candidate has very good communication skills and pays attention to clear and comprehensive communication with colleagues and managers. Administrative assistants must be able to function effectively under stress and high work pressure and must maintain generally accepted social and ethical values at all times. You must have a sense of complete handling. It is important to have an interest in and knowledge of the embassy environment and how it works within the organization.
The immigration liaison office at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Pretoria consists of immigration liaison officers, administrative assistants and drivers. Immigration Liaison Officers and Assistants are dynamic with a variety of contacts including her ILO back office in the Netherlands, her ILO network worldwide, South African (immigration) authorities and a network of other foreign immigration officers/liaison officers. working in the environment. .
Terms of employment:
- Administrative Assistants are employed and reported to the Office of the Immigration Liaison Officer at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Pretoria.
- The contract is 20 hours a week, 1 year fixed term contract, 2 months probationary period.
- Total monthly salary is non-negotiable (between ZAR 14.777 and ZAR 17.240) depending on the candidate’s experience level.
- Successful applicants are expected to begin employment on July 1, 2023.
Diversity and inclusion
The Dutch government is an inclusive employer with a focus on diversity. We respect diversity, promote equality, challenge discrimination, and enhance organizational capacity. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other category protected by law. We promote flexible and family-friendly working conditions wherever operational and security needs permit.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about the content of this position or the conditions of employment.
Interested candidates can apply by sending their motivation letter and recent resume to email@example.com by May 15, 2023.
Applicants are requested to mention the subject field. Assistant ILO – surname
Do not send attachments in ZIP or RAR format.
The selection method is an interview.
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2023/05/03/part-time-vacancy-for-an-administrative-assistant-at-our-embassy-in-pretoria Part-time vacancy for Administrative Assistant at Embassy in Pretoria | News Article