Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.


To apply for a B-1/B-2 visitor visa, the foreign national must have strong ties to his or her home country. This means that it will be significantly more difficult for someone who has no ties to their home country from obtaining such a visa. The stronger the ties, the more likely it is that you will receive approval for your B-1/B-2 visitor visa application.

What are B-1/B-2 visas?

A B-1/B-2 visa category is introduced to allow foreign citizens to visit the UK temporarily for business, holidays, medical treatment, or tourism. It does not lead to ILR permanent visa and only allows a temporary stay in the UK.

Anyone who needs to travel to the U.K. for either business purposes or tourism should apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, which is valid for multiple entries and can be used for stays up to 6 months at a time.

You can use this visa to attend a convention or meeting, conduct research, or consult with business associates.

  • There are two types of B-1 visas: the B-1 visa for tourism or medical treatment and the B-1 instead of H-1B.
  • The B-2 visa is for pleasure only, such as vacation, visiting family, or attending a conference.

Strong ties

A strong tie is something that connects you with your home country. For example, being a citizen of the country or having a home in the country is a solid and easy way to prove a strong tie. Something like owning a business or property in the country can also be strong ties. Businesses are allowed to sponsor individuals for B-1 and B-2 visas under certain circumstances. You must submit two sets of evidence to show that you have strong ties to your home country and will return there after your stay in the UK.

How does an applicant prove strong ties in their home country?

The topic of financial stability is a big deal for the British authorities. If you have strong ties to your home country, you can prove that you won’t go off and become a burden on your new host country. You can show that you’ll stay put. You prove this by showing strong financial ties to your home country:

  • a steady job or income stream
  • stable housing
  • bank accounts
  • retirement plans
  • insurance policies
  • or even an existing business.

What is an affidavit of support and how can it help you obtain a visa?

The affidavit of support is demanded to get assurance from the applicant they would not be relying on public funds for their stay in the UK. The person signing the affidavit agrees to provide financial support for the immigrant and any family members who are immigrating with him or her. If you are an employer or family member of someone who intends to immigrate, you must sign an affidavit of support. If you are an immediate relative, the petitioning spouse or parent must sign it. If you are a family-sponsored immigrant, the person petitioning for your immigration must sign.

An affidavit of support is presented in cases of :

  1. Family-based citizenship through an immediate relative or a family preference petition;
  2. A non-immigrant visa [such as a temporary worker, student, or visitor visa];
  3. Adoption, in which case is known as an affidavit of support

Tips to prove strong ties to home country for a B-1 visa

If you are a student coming to the UK  (or someone else who is coming for business), you need to make sure that you prove strong ties to your home country. The more connections you have with your country, the weaker the ties to your host country will be, and visa officers are going to consider that. Provide details on how you can prove strong ties with your home country and lower the chances of getting denied by immigration officials.

The Home Office states that visa applicants should prove strong ties to their home country to obtain a B-1 visa. To meet the strong ties requirement, it is important to form business and personal relationships in your home country. One way to do this is to earn foreign income from a job or business in your home country. This will show your desire to remain permanently in your home country, rather than the U.K. Also, make sure to set up bank accounts and other financial resources in your home country so that you have access to money there. Hope this article was helpful for you to understand all about the B-1 visa and the cost of leave to remain visa, seek immigration services for more professional guidelines.


Back to top button