News | 30 January 2023 | 12:00
The Dutch Diplomatic Mission in South Africa is looking for a suitable service provider to produce reports on Dutch companies operating in South Africa.
Background and purpose
The Dutch Embassy in Pretoria, together with the Consulate General in Cape Town, has the primary aim of facilitating mutually beneficial bilateral trade and investment between South Africa and the Netherlands. To support this and further improve services and communications, the Embassy aims to gain better insight into the number of Dutch companies operating in South Africa. The nature and geographical location of economic activity within a country.
Through this request for proposals, the Embassy would like to identify a suitable service provider to carry out the above investigation.
Research results should be informed by at least the following elements:
- The type of incorporation the company has in South Africa i.e. branch, holding company, joint venture etc.
- The number of years the company has been active in South Africa.
- The South African sector/industry in which the company operates.
- State where the company is based and/or does business.
- Number of people employed in South Africa (full-time vs. part-time).
- Number of Dutch expatriates employed in South Africa.
- South African target market i.e. B2B. B2C; B2G.
- Strategic reason for being in South Africa i.e. domestic market size/demand.Outsourcing/low cost; Gateway to Africa, etc.
- The importance of the South African business to the overall company performance.
- Economic prospects for South African businesses over the next five years.
A final set of research questions will be developed in agreement with the Embassy. Research should be conducted with both Dutch and South African sources.
The following must be delivered by April 5, 2023:
- An electronic report of aggregated results is provided in both descriptive and visual formats. This report includes a complete (as far as possible) list of Dutch companies based in South Africa and a GIS map showing their physical locations.
- A one-page summary (in infographic format) that can be used for external communication. The exact content included is determined in agreement with the Embassy.
- Access to raw data accumulated during the study, including the names of Dutch companies approached.
A suitable service provider must meet the following criteria:
- Access to relevant information about Dutch companies doing business in South Africa.
- Experience designing and conducting surveys
- Proven ability to concisely present complex, large datasets both narratively and visually
The maximum budget for this project is €15,500,00 (including VAT).
A suitable service provider is 2 pages maximum To email@example.com Until February 15, 2023. The following information should be included in your proposal:
- Motivation to meet the above criteria
https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/latest-news/news/2023/01/30/request-for-proposals-research-into-dutch-companies-in-south-africa Request for Proposals – Research and Report on Dutch Companies in South Africa | News Article