The Dutch product safety commission NVWA says so-called therapy swings should be banned after a Dutch child died after being caught in a material.
The agency has launched a post-mortem investigation, saying the swing poses a serious choking risk. there is,” he said.
Therapy, or yoga, swings are increasingly being used to help children, especially those with autism, process external stimuli.
NVWA has investigated the swing involved in the fatal accident and three other similar models currently on sale in the Netherlands. We have determined that none of them are safe enough to sell.
The NVWA is now calling on sellers to initiate recalls of their products, banning webshops from selling them in the future.
Two other incidents are known around the world.12 year old boy in australia lost consciousness An American boy also died in 2021 while using a swing outdoors.
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2023/04/therapy-swings-pose-a-serious-risk-to-children-dutch-safety-board/ Therapy swing poses serious risks for children: Dutch safety commission