Weekend Special May 25-29, 2023
The Weekend Special features the main events in The Hague region and surroundings, suitable for expatriates and the international community.
This weekend’s highlights include the KLM Dutch Open at Bernardas Golf in Kromvoirt, American R&B and funk, trombonist Fred Wesley at Paard, the Haguese Wereld Hapjes Festival of cuisine at Lange Voorhout, the city’s Includes the Snister Music Festival in the centre.
There’s plenty more happening this weekend, including the CaDance festival and Paul Carrack at Zuiderpark Live.
If you are planning an event and would like to be featured in our Weekend Special, please send your information, including photos, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
enjoy your weekend
KLM Open 2023 (May 25-28)
The 103rd KLM Open kicks off at Bernardus Golf in Cromvoirt from May 25-28, with 156 top golfers winning over four days, including five of the Top 10 players from the Race to Dubai Aim and fight. You can also earn important points to qualify for the Ryder Cup and US Open.
Defending champion Victor Perez returns to the course where he defeated Ryan Fox in a thrilling playoff last year. The Frenchman needed four more holes, but with a spectacular putt he won his second title on his tour at DP World.
Fred Wesley & THE NEW JB’S @ PAARD (May 25th)
Legendary American R&B, funk, and trombonist Fred Wesley will perform with his band, The New JB’s, at The Pearl on Thursday, May 25th.
Born in Columbus, Georgia and raised in Mobile, Alabama, Fred Wesley began his career as a teenage trombonist alongside Ike Turner and Tina Turner. From 1968 until 1975 he was James Brown’s music director, arranger, trombonist and principal composer. He later arranged and played with Parliament Funkadelic and Bootsy’s Rubber Band.
Culinary Festival Haguese Wereld Hapjes (May 26-29)
From May 26th to 29th, the 6th Haguese Welerd Hapjes Festival will take place, offering the Hague several days of festivities and gastronomy at the Lange Voorhout. Pentecost weekend is all about good food, drink, music, entertainment and most of all, fun.
Along with lots of good food, there is also plenty of live music and entertainment.
The festival on Saturday 27th May, Sunday 28th May and Monday 29th May is free to attend. However, on Friday the 26th there will be a first edition of the paid Haguese Wereld Hapjes in Concert.
Sunny Star 2023 (May 26th and 27th)
Snister is the Hague music festival that brings together everything that shakes, rubs and rattles, taking place on May 26th and 27th around the Grote Markt and Paard in The Hague’s pop district, the musical heart of The Hague. increase.
This year’s Snister will let you watch and listen to performances from over 90 bands. From up-and-coming to long-established, from local to international, from electronic indies to ripped guitars. There are no crowd barriers or celebrities, and Snyster expresses a genuine love of real action and real music.
Other events this weekend
- Jazz in the Park #1 – Soul Vibes (May 25th)
- Annika Nils & Band @ Poppodium Bordelli (May 25th)
- HOOGTIJ#73 – The Hague Contemporary Art Tour (May 26)
- Paul Carrack @ Zuiderpark Live (May 27)
- Free your mind! A night of shopping in downtown The Hague on Saturday 27th May (May 27)
- Dancing Outdoors – 10 Weeks Free Dance Project (May 27)
- The Hague English Comedy Night @ Branor Theater (May 27)
- fresh!Present: MB Big Band + Ben van den Dangen (May 28)
- Six inflatable works of art are now available in the museum district during the Hague’s open-air exhibition blow-up art (until May 28)
- Cadence Returns to The Hague: Where Worlds Collide and Connect (until May 29)
- Japanese garden reopens (until June 11)
- Exhibition Queer Migration: Portraits from The Hague (until June 30)
- Exhibition – Exhibition location: Other locations by 5 international artists based in The Hague (Until July 2nd)
- Art Partners: Willem Mesdag and Sienche Mesdag-Van Houten (until July 9)
- The Hague Museum of Photography: School – in love, bored, overslept (until August 6)
- Contemporary Artist Ulrike Heidenreich’s Exhibition “Longing for a Distance” (until September 17)
Events being held in the area
- Parkrun: The Hague (every Saturday)
- iLocal World Food Tour – Guided (every Saturday)
- Theosophy Lecture in English 2022-2023 (every Sunday until June 4)
- Improve your public speaking skills with TMOTH [POSSIBLE HYBRID] (1st and 3rd Thursday of every month during term)
- Power – 800 Binnenhof (Until December 31, 2023)
Upcoming Dates in Diary
- Delft Fringe Festival 2023 (May 31st to June 11th)
- Grace Hopper Lab & Initiative Launch Event (June 1)
- Venice @ Zuiderpark Live (June 1)
- Eat a Mouse @ Park (June 2)
- Cayde Rock 2023 (June 2-3)
- STET PRESENTS: “Headwrap Diary” (June 2-4)
- Dancing Outdoors – 10 Weeks Free Dance Project (June 3rd, 17th, 24th)
- Muse @ Mariberto (June 7, 2023)
- LINKEDIN LOCAL – The Hague (June 2023) (June 8)
- Taika Summer Concert 2023 (June 11th)
- Ocean race stopover in The Hague.Complimentary 5-day adventure program (June 11-15)
- Festival Classic 2023 (June 16-18)
- Gin Hring: Dutch Spirit (June 24th)
- Festive Outdoor Concerts and Open House Music Academy (June 25th)
- Seehelden Festival 2023 (June 28th to July 2nd)
- Yemi Allard @ PAARD (June 29th)
- Happy Days by Samuel Beckett (July 7-8)
- NORTH SEA JAZZ 2023 – FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT (July 7-9)
- Castlefest Lisse (August 3-6)
- BEATSTAD FESTIVAL returns with a special edition (September 1)
- Cirque du Soleil – OVO (September 7-10 and 14-17)
- Kid Creole & The Coconut @ PAARD (September 9)
- Jimmy Carr of Holland (September 21st and 22nd)
- Harlem’s globetrotters come to Rotterdam (September 23rd)
- Level 42 @ Park (November 6th)
- Eliza Schlesinger @ AFAS LIVE (December 3)
For more news and culture, visit Sign up for our newsletter and please see Event calendarbrowse our company feature and visit us Facebook page
post Weekend Special May 25-29, 2023 first appeared in the hague online.
https://www.thehagueonline.com/weekend-specials/2023/05/24/weekend-special-18-21-may-2023-2 Weekend Special May 25-29, 2023